How you can help us!
In order that we can provide the best possible service to our patients, we would ask that you help us by:
- Arriving at the surgery on time for appointments and notifying us if you are unable to attend.
- Being patient if we are running late.
- Booking one appointment for one person only. If you want the doctor to see other family members at the same time, please notify reception so that the necessary time can be allocated.
- Notifying us of any changes to your personal details.
- Following the advice offered; it may not always be necessary for you to have a prescription.
- Only booking a home visit if you feel it is really necessary; facilities for examination and treatment are better at the surgery.
Our responsibility to you
The members of the practice Primary Healthcare Team are committed to providing the best service possible to our patients. In particular, we aim to:
- Be friendly, polite and efficient.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Notify you of any delays of more than 30 minutes for doctor or nurse appointments.
- Offer you an appointment to see an alternative doctor in an emergency, where it is not possible to see your requested doctor.
- Offer advice and information on all aspects of healthcare and other related services.
- Refer you to a specialist/consultant of your choice when your GP agrees this is necessary.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
- Visit you at home if you are too ill to attend the surgery.
- See any patient’s visiting family or friends should they need medical assistance.
Our practice manager will be pleased to receive any comments or suggestions you may have for improving our services. Similarly, we always appreciate an acknowledgement of good service.
If you are dissatisfied with any of the services provided, please ask the surgery for details of our complaints procedure. We take all comments, suggestions and complaints very seriously.